Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conduct the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) to admit students into the Integrated First Degree Programs offered at their campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. The computerised examination is conducted for students willing to get enrolled in B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc programs offered by BITS.
BITSAT will have multiple choice questions and the total time allotted for the examination is three hours. A total of 150 questions will be asked on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and Logical Reasoning. There are 50 examination centres in India for BITSAT. NRI Students can choose Dubai as their test centre.
BITSAT 2019 Tentative Dates
|The release of Application Form and availability of Form||December 2018 to March 2019|
|Application Form Correction Window||March 2019|
|Allotment of Exam Centres||March 2019|
|Slot Booking||March 2019 to April 2019|
|The release of BITSAT Admit Cards||April 2019|
|BITSAT Examination Date||May 2019|
|Publication of scores||May 2019|
|Dates to apply for admission with 10+2 marks and preferences||May 2019 to June 2019|
|The release of selected candidates’ list for admission and wait list||June 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Details
BITSAT 2019 application form will be released tentatively in December 2018 or January 2019. Candidates have to apply through online mode only. Students, who have 75% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 10+2, are eligible to apply for BITSAT. Candidates should also have at least 60% in each of the subjects and they should be proficient in English.
BITSAT 2019 can be taken by only those students who have passed 12th standard in 2018 or will be studying in the 12th standard in 2019. Students who are already studying in any one of the BITS campuses are not eligible for BITSAT. So, students should ensure their eligibility before applying.
Only one application is allowed for each student. The steps required for filling the BITSAT application form are given below.
- Visit the official website of BITS and click on the tab “New Registration” to start the application process.
- Fill up your personal details – Name, gender, contact number, date of birth, email, permanent address, parents’ names etc.
- Provide other details like level marks, the name of the previous institute of study etc.
- You will have to provide the subjects you choose for BITSAT.
- Provide your preferences for test centres.
- Upload scanned copies of each of one passport size photograph and a signature.
- Scanned images should be JPG or JPEG format.
- Size of the uploaded photograph should be between 4 Kb to 50 Kb and the size of the signature should be between 1 Kb to 30 Kb.
- Pay application fee or download challan.
- Submit the application form.
The application fee for BITSAT 2019 can be paid via online or offline mode. Online payment can be done by debit card/credit card/net banking. Offline payment can be done by downloading ICICI Bank challan. International students can pay through international credit/debit cards.
Be sure to take a print out of the completed application form. You will need to note down the Application Number as well. Application form for BITSAT need not be send via email or post. Candidates have to fill up the form online and submit. BITS may allow a correction window to modify or correct details in the application form.
BITSAT 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for BITSAT varies for male, female and NRI candidates.
- Male Candidates – Rs. 2950
- Female Candidates – Rs. 2450
- NRI Candidates – $70 or Rs. 4500
BITSAT 2019 Application Important Facts
- Students can opt for a maximum of three test centres in India among test centres in 50 cities.
- Candidates willing to opt for Dubai as exam centre can choose only one test centre.
- Students will require BITSAT Application Number for slot booking.
- Forgotten application number can be retrieved by visiting the official website and submitting the mobile number, email id, DOB and gender.