AIIMS MBBS is a national level medical entrance exam conducted by AIIMS. The prestigious medical entrance is conducted by AIIMS Delhi across 155 cities for admission to MBBS programme in 15 AIIMS (All India Institutes of Medical Sciences). AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted on May 25 and May 26, 2019 in CBT (Computer Based Mode).
As per the reports, 3.5 lakh to 4 lakh candidates are expected to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2019 while the number of seats is very limited. Since the stakes are very high, only the best in terms of merit will get selected. Choosing the best study material and preparation strategy is vital to score well in AIIMS MBBS exam. Here is the list of some handy preparation tips and excellent study material for AIIMS MBBS.
Question Division from each subject
AIIMS entrance exam has 200 objective type questions. Division from each subject is as follows:
- Physics (60 questions),
- Chemistry (60 questions),
- Biology (60 questions) and
- General Knowledge (20 questions)
What to Study?
NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of class 11th and 12th are a must for AIIMS exam preparation as they are very helpful to clear the basics. Following is a list of additional books which are of great help to ace the examination:
- AIIMS – Chapterwise Solution – 22 yrs Paperback – 2015 by MTG Editorial Board
- ChapterwiseTopicwise Questions – Solutions – Physics for Medical Entrances 2017 – 2003
- ChapterwiseTopicwise Questions – Solutions – Chemistry for Medical Entrances 2017 – 2003
- ChapterwiseTopicwise Questions – Solutions – Biology for Medical Entrances 2017 – 2003
- Assertion and Reason for Competitive Exams Paperback – 2015 by MTG Learning Media
- Handbook of Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination (Solved Papers 2008-2016).
Physics Books for AIIMS Entrance Exam
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2 by H.C Verma
- CBSE PMT by P. Aggarwal (set of 3 volumes)
The book has the concepts from foundation level so that you can clear the basics from scratch the topics that you have learnt in 8th, 9th and 10th standard.
For Objectives type Questions
- Objective Physics for Medical Entrances Examination (Volume 1 and Volume 2)
The book is designed in coordination with Physics NCERT textbook that will help you to prepare for the competitive examinations along with the school studies. The book contains more than 4000 objective questions of all types. It will help the students to get a command over objective type questions.
Chemistry Books for AIIMS Entrance Exam
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th both Volume I and II
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips Chemistry Class 11th + 12th By MTG
- Concepts of Physical Chemistry For JEE (English) 8th Edition By P. Bahadur
- Organic Chemistry for Competitions 16th Edition By O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry: Arihant Publications, Morrison Boyd
Biology Books for AIIMS Entrance Exam
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I and II (English) 27th Edition
- Exploring Biology for Medical Entrances (Volume I and II) (English) 5th Edition
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examinations 2017 Edition
- AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
These books help to provide extra reference to the candidates. The best way to prepare for this exam is to go through the NCERT Textbooks of both 11th and 12th classes deeply and practice objective type questions.
Once candidates become well aware about the syllabus then they can pick up the best study material mentioned in the article. It will not only help them clear the basics but will also help them to score the best marks. The right preparation with great books and time management will definitely lead to success of the aspirants!!
All the best to candidates for their preparation time and exams!!