Before you get into any field, it is important that you have an adequate knowledge about what you want to do and what the field requires. However, the most important requirement is, ‘what exactly is the company looking for?’ When it comes to VLSI companies, the last question is the most important one. This is because these companies know exactly what they’re looking for and there is no ambiguity. You need to be armed with a particular skill set and a vast storehouse of knowledge that you have capitalized on an internship. If you show the signs of being a promising candidate with the following things in your kitty, be rest assured you will be hired.
- Know the topics. If you’re from a computer or electronics background then having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the given topics is of utmost importance.
- CMOS Design, it’s characteristics and functionality. If you’re from an electronic background, adequate knowledge about this is extremely important. However, if you’re from a computer background you will in all probability, won’t be taught this in college but it’s good to know it. Most colleges in India won’t teach you this topic in detail, hence it is good to pick up a book or read articles on the internet and understand the basics. This includes resistance concepts, CMOS capacitance, fabrication process, stick diagram etc.
- Flip-Flops extremely important whether you’re from the electronics background or from the computer science background. It is very important to be thorough with this topic because flip-flops form an integral part of something known as digital design and these are extremely important, calling it the fundamental building block, in the VLSI design. Apart from that, knowledge on the functions of level triggered and edge flip-flops is extremely important and are needed for an internship in VLSI design in Bangalore.
- Ideas about the combinational circuit are also important and both computer science and engineering students must have an idea about it with an added knowledge of Delay concepts.
- The next thing is to get into a short-term course after your engineering degree. This short-term course will give you a certification which will prove to be very valuable to your field. Not only will you learn a lot about VLSI technology, you will also learn different programming languages. You can spend a little more and get registered for some more short-term courses or get into VLSI internship companies in Bangalore which will increase your knowledge about things that are only briefly covered in the syllabus and curriculum that the college offers. They might be a little costly because of the sheer demand for them, but don’t be disheartened. This is a step in the right direction, a step towards achieving your goals and an investment in your future. These institutes will offer a course for 6-8 months in the duration of which you will learn more than you bargained for and will be ready to take on a job soon after.