To come up with the right lotion begins with the proper knowledge, ingredients and the right tools to use. Even if there are tons of great options available in the market today, the ingredients that make up these products is questionable. For those who aim to have healthy skin that pertains to using natural ingredients, it is advisable to make the lotion yourself. For products that help you in health, visit Halo Health official.
The Ingredients For Crafting A Basic Lotion
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of coconut oil (you can use grapeseed oil and jojoba oils as well)
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax (it can be in grated and shaved forms, in blocks and pastilles)
- essential oil of your choice (optional ingredient)
Equipment Needed To Craft A Basic Lotion
- In making your own lotion, you will need to use an electric mixer or a whisk.
- You will also use a double boiler or a glass container which is allowed to be heated (the container will have to fit inside of a pot of water on the stove and it should be the container you can make a lotion. In this lieu, mason jars are the most advisable container for making your own lotion.)
The Steps To Making Your Own Lotion
Step 1: Get and collect your ingredients.
To start with, you will need an oil base and beeswax. Combining the almond oil and coconut oil as the oil base is more advisable. Although, grapeseed oil jojoba oil will also work great with almond oil. Although, it is not advisable to do method or recipes that use water, because it endows a shorter shelf life and the texture of the lotion will not be good. The same conditions also happen when using aloe vera gel.
Step 2: Add the ingredients in a double boiler or saucepan with glass jar. Blend the almond oil, coconut oil and beeswax altogether at the pan and heat slowly in low heat. This should melt the ingredients.
Step 3: Blend in 5 or more drops of an essential oil(s) and/or fragrance of your choice. This step is optional.
Step 4: Put the heat to low to slowly melt all the lotion based ingredients.
Your patience is needed in this step. You will be asked to do it slowly. Since, there is no need to scorch these ingredients. When you are able to heat slowly, this circumstance is avoided to happen. For a fact, such step is done to having not to heat the ingredients directly in a saucepan. Placing an extra layer in a double boiler or a glass container will permit the ingredients to have an added layer of protection from the said heat, which allows no burning of the lotion. The same procedure is done in making chocolates and delicate sauces such as hollandaise. Also, you can put the heat off prior to melting the lotion completely. Such is not needed, but you would not desire to overheat. What you are asked for is to melt all ingredients together and then be able to remove it from heat.
Step 5: Take away from heat
Step 6: Blend using a mixer or whisk
Step 7: Let still for about 15-20 minutes
Step 8: Lastly, add the lotion in a covered jar or container